A Closet Full and Nothing to Wear
I think I have been in a fashion rut for the last 27 years… well at least since college, and when I started dressing myself. [Read here: I went to a Catholic school and wore a uniform up until leaving for school.] My college roommate did a pretty good job not letting me leave the dorm looking like a hot mess, but now that I’m a busy workn’ mom my inner fashionista is… so far in, that I can’t even find her.
So true, I have a closet full and noting to wear…
Do you still have clothes from when you were in college, or BC (before child)? I like to think of these pieces as “Classic”, but I know my old roommate is shaking her head with that disappointed look.
I think its time for a clean out and major do-over for my wardrobe. Here are a few things I want to try:
1) Red Lipstick: A true power statement here. Wear red lipstick to make you feel confident, in control, and bold. Yes, yes, and yes! Will totally try!
2) Skinny Jeans: I own a pair and have only worn them once… with boots. Oh, this silly fashion statement is taking over. My sister talked me into getting a pair, but I’ll have to grow a pair before I actually leave the house in them. I know… i just need to find the right shoes…
3) Statement Necklace: This might be something I could make! Better yet, On-A-String creates unique, one-of-a-kind pieces. I must make that a stop on the way home!
4) More Color: I have a plethora of white, black, and gray tops, pant, sweaters, scarves. It’s time to add some color, and patterns. Maybe mix and match for a wild look. Heard orange is the next big color (for Spring 2012)… you heard it here first!
5) Off the shoulder shirt: How cute are these? This is a must try for this summer!
What are you going to try? Leave your tips below!
On a budget like me? I’ll be springing looks for less and can’t wait to share!