Posted by The Beehive Mutter
Welcome March! It’s sure feeling like Spring here in Charlotte, with the temperature in the high 60’s – low 70’s! I don’t know why I was thinking March was soooo far away. I guess because I have been putting off this much need nutritional re-balance. Sure, if you want to call it a diet – go ahead, but its much more than that!
I’m really choosing foods that are nutrient-dense, and not “junk food” or “pre-packaged food”. I’m not going to lack carbohydrates, (although I’ll sure miss them) I’m just going to get them from vegetables and fruits instead of yummy bread, and easy to make past. By having this new well balanced nutrition, I’m thinking about my future and hoping to minimize my risk for a variety of diseases and conditions like diabetes and heart attacks. Plus, by not drinking sodas, and eating cookies and all such items, my sugar cravings should start to decrease… fostering healther food choices!
I completed a little exercise called “Food for Thought” to prepare for this challenge:
- When I’m bored, over-tired, frustrated or angry, I find myself craving: Salty snacks like goldfish, cheese nips, or anything small and easy to eat a bunch of really fast
- Sometimes, I think I’m hungry, but I’m really: Board, unmotivated, or lazy!
- When i’m craving sugar, I used to eat: Girl Scout Cookies, or anything chocolate, instead I’ll reach for: blueberries (Kendall’s favoriate) or frozen grapes.
- I think I’ll miss eating/drinking: Pasta and Dr. Pepper
- I don’t think I’ll like eating: Kale, but I’m going to give it a shot!
- I think I’ll have the hardest time sticking to this lifestyle change when: I’m lazy and don’t want to cook, or go out for meals, or in a social situation like at at bar (love some red wine you know!
- During an upcoming event, I’m going to plan ahead and prepare by: Eating before I leave the house
- When I start this lifestyle change I want to notice: Better sleep paterns, an increase in energy levels, less breakouts, faster recovery time after exercising, and my clothes not fitting anymore (hehehe)
Because I will not be weighing in all month, I’ll try to post regular pictures, but just so you know I was 133.6 as of yesterday morning.
I’m so lucky to have friends who will support me though this crazy adventure, and want to thank you ahead of time… you totally rock!
I’ll end with some feelings: Excited, about trying something new, but scared I’ll want to cheat (which of course will make me feel mad at myself).
For more about Whole30 click here.
Thanks for reading,