Who says you can’t have dessert when you are on a diet? And why is it that you always crave something sweet when you can’t have it? I’m a firm believer in a well balanced meal… and that includes desert! So I have pulled three of my favorites together for you today!
I made these Chic Energy Bites according to the recipe on The Chi Life and they were amazing! Check out the link above for the details. After several remixes of this receipt I found one I absolutely love. Stephan called them Trail Mix Balls:
What you need:
- One bag of pitted dates
- One bag of apricots
- Half a small bag of cherries [cranberries are good too]
- Half a cup cashews
- Half a cup of almonds (with salt)
What to do:
- Chop nuts very fine in your amazing food processor. (The first time I made these I did not chop the nuts enough. This is important because they are harder to stick together in the end.)
- Again, use that handy food processor to chop and mix the fruit together. This takes a while so keep checking it… you will know its ready when it looks sticky and starts clumping together.
- Put both nuts and fruit into big mixing bowl and use fingers to knead together and roll into balls.
- Serve and eat!
Banana Ice cream – Kendall’s Fav! EASY
1 banana (peeled and frozen) + 1 cup frozen fruit (from a bag) I like mixed berry!
Mix in your food processor till creamy, serve, and eat!
(Next time I’m going to try bananas and almond butter! Num, num, num!)
Tina’s Warm Peaches – EASY
What you need:
- Coconut milk (chilled in the fridge)
- Shredded coconut
- Cashew crumbles
What you do:
- Cook frozen peaches on the stove top in a bit of coconut oil, or olive oil they are warm all the way through
- Server in a small dish with coconut milk, shredded coconut and cashew crumbles on top
Happy reading and eating,