I know you clicked on this tab thinking… Whole30, what’s this all about?
For the whole month of March, I’m going to be partaking in the Whole30™ Challenge! It’s detailed but here is the run down:
- Certain food groups (like sugar, grains, dairy and legumes) could be having a negative impact on your health and fitness without you even realizing it. – Strip them from your diet completely.
- Eat real food – meat, seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats from fruits, oils, nuts and seeds.
So, for the whole month of March I’ll be cutting out these few (read as WAY more than a few) items from my diet:
- Sugar of any kind, real or artificial
- Grains (wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, millet, bulgur, sorghum, amaranth, buckwheat, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa)
- Legumes (beans of all kinds,peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts and peanut butter, all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, and edamame)
- Dairy (cow, goat or sheep’s milk products such as cream, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream)
- Paleo-ifying Dessert or junk food choices